Digital Postbox is committed to making the information on the Digital Postbox solution available to everyone, regardless of ability.
In order to achieve this we have designed our website to follow guidelines set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility. We aim to comply with Level Double-A of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
The benefits of accessibility include:
- The site is designed to be easy to navigate – you can browse to find the information you are looking for.
- Pages are fast to download, regardless of whether you are using broadband or a modem.
- The site supports both old and new technology. If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the information on each page is still readable.
- You can change font size easily using your browser. (Please refer to your browser’s Help menu to learn how to re-size text.)
- There are “skip links” for people using JAWS, or using a keyboard. These will bypass site navigation and bring you straight to the content. Furthermore, all pages will validate as XHTML 5.0 Transitional and CSS3 ensuring that they work with a wide variety of browsers.